hello fellow chefs

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by chef5lee, Sep 19, 2004.

1. chef5lee

chef5lee

I am a 27 year old Canadian chef living and working here in Phuket, Thailand.

Two years ago I finished my cooking apprentiship in Canada and then after a short travelling vacation through europe, I made my way to London, England. For 13 months and between partying and sleeping i found time to work at three places. The Berkeley hotel, Gordon Ramseys at Claridges (nightmare) and a brand spanking new Sir Terrance Conran restaurant called the Plateau.

So how did i end up in Thailand??? To make a long story short. I met a thai girl, she had to return home. I thought, why not go and see a new culture, learn a new language and most inportantly besides seeing her would be to dive into the art of thai cuisine.

I have been here for 5 months and i am loving it. What a great expirence!!! And the food is amazing. If you all think it is lemongrass, coconut milk and chilies, well think again.

Chef LEE

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Hello Chef Lee and welcome to the Chef Talk Cafe. A person of your experience and eagerness to learn will find himself on familiar ground here. Your stories about working at Gordon Ramsey's and elsewhere should be quite interesting.

Welcome!
    Regards,
    Mezzaluna

3. chef5lee

chef5lee

Thanks for the kind welcome. And i hope that my stories are as interesting and helpful as some that i have been reading.

My notebook is getting quite full with recipes that i have gathered over the two years i have been travelling. especially the thai cooking part. I may be young but i feel i have some great tips. Enthusiasum and the willingness to learn are the name of the game.

Sawadee Krab from Thailand and happy cooking.