Hello Everybody

Joined Apr 2, 2002
I just found this board today, and was given the warmest of welcomes even before I posted for the first time. Glad to be here, and look forward to discussions of food, preparing, and serving.

isa

Joined Apr 4, 2000
Welcome to Chef Talk Crepuscule. :)

What's your area of interest? Pastry? Baking? Or everything?

Joined Aug 29, 2000
Welcome to the Cafe, crepescule. You've found the best food enthusiasts' site on the web! How do you make use of the bounty of the Northwest/northwet?

Joined Apr 2, 2002
I have a sincere affection for recipes from tropical or subtropical climates. South Pacific, Caribbean, Mediterranean, equatorial African (especially Kenya nd Ghana). But I'm no snob. German and Hungarian cuisine are as delectable as French and Italian.

Mezzaluna, The food here is so diverse, and the cultures many. Wide variety of fresh and salt water fish and shellfish, mushrooms, venison, wild herbs, and sweet corn by the acre. Not to mention Oregon wines.

Joined Aug 29, 2000
And don't forget those huge, luscious berries! They are legendary among the members of my family who've tasted them, but I have yet to. I hear the berries in the Kent, WA area are ENORMOUS, to say nothing of sweet and flavorful. True?

isa

Joined Apr 4, 2000
African cooking?? I'd be curious to hear more about it.

P.S. What spelling are you talking about Crepuscule?

Joined Jul 31, 2000
Isa, I may be wrong but..

Isen't our new members name a misspelling for twighlight in French?

Welcome and enjoy
cc

Joined Apr 2, 2002
Years ago I was given a cookbook titled, "The African News Cookbook". The recipes were of those dishes served at festivals and feasts. Also, here in Oregon where I live I played in a band with a group of Ghanians, and when I'd arrive at rehearsals there would be vats on the stove. They'd be bubbling and filled with the most delightful things imaginable: eggs, chicken, dumplings, beef, lamb, herbs, etc. Every single time I went over there the perfume was like a king's kitchen. And in the late summer there would be a harvest festival and about a dozen more Ghanians would stay in the enormous house where we rehearsed, so that meant even more pots. Even the Ghanian ambassador to the UN would come and hang out. Oh yes, party time for a good week or so! :D

Joined May 26, 2001
Dear Crepuscule:

If you ever come to NYC, I will take you to the "West African Grocery" on Ninth Avenue. It is not as good as actually being there, but for being here it is GREAT!

I also have that cookbook, and have collected several others on African cooking. Let's talk!!! :D

Top Bottom