Hello Dare, Northern WI. Now has da internet.

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by exec.jamey, Feb 17, 2005.

1. exec.jamey

exec.jamey

:chef: HI All of you, I'm New Here But Excited About Reading Up on all the information Available Here.
    I'm Also Happy To Be A Member.Living Here In North Central Wisconsin Near all Of the Cows, Cheese Factories, And Local Taverns nearly every mile you drive. Go Figure I Would Run A Restaurant Call "The Fresh Country Aire". Must Be My Destiny!

2. pete

pete Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Welcome to Cheftalk. Chalk up another Cheesehead for us here!!!! you will find a number of us here from Wisconsin and area. Must say something about us here. Either we are a bunch of foodies in Wisconsin or there is absolutely nothing else to do around here!!!!! :D :bounce: :D

3. blue_wolf

blue_wolf

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Little bit from column A, a little bit from column B, but that's just my opinion. :D By the way, welcome. So, tell us about your cooking. Favorite ingredent, spice, cooking method.

4. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Hey, Blue Wolf, another Wisconsinite here! Welcome to the Cafe. Make yourself at home and enjoy all the great information here.

My favorite ingredient... anything but beets (sorry Jim!) or tripe
    My favorite spice... way too hard to choose! I live 10 minutes from Penzey's in Brookfield, so it's wayyyyyy too hard to answer that.
    My favorite cooking method is whichever is the right one to do justice to the ingredients I'm using at the moment.

5. guy habanero

guy habanero

Exp:
    Other
    Hey welcome! I just had to drop in when I saw the WI subject heading. Yeah, food is right behind beer and Packers around here, but plenty of room for good cooks: Help put an end to macaroni in the chili!

Mezz: There's a Penzey's at the Fox River Mall here now. They keep sending me coupons for free items, so it's like buy-one-get-one. Favorite is still Chipotle Pepper -- makes anything even better!

6. pete

pete Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Hey Guy, you are right up the road from me. Im in Fondy and work in Green Lake!!! I was thrilled when Appleton got a Penzey's. Cuts my drive time down a bit from going down to Brookfield. And hey, send some of those coupons my way!!!! :D

7. winona

winona

After returning from a trip to Pari swith my wife, I decided to try baking baguettes. I have ni prior baking experience to speak of, so I got a The Bread Baker's Apprentice and started out. So far so good, but I want to make it better, hope you all can help.http://cheftalkcafe.com/forums/newre...te=1&p=108125#
    Smilie

8. guy habanero

guy habanero

Exp:
    Other
    Hey Pete:
    I went to Penzey's yesterday and they had closed about 10 minutes earlier (it was just after 5pm). Made me mad; it's in a mall setting and everything else was open. Anyway, in honor of their wasting my time, here's another place in Appleton where all the local ladies get their spices (fresh and in bulk), although for the more exotic stuff I think you still need Penzey's.
    Its on Richmond St. not far from the mall:
    http://www.cathysbulkfoods.com/

9. guy habanero

guy habanero

Exp:
    Other
    By "yesterday" I meant Saturday. Didn't realize how LATE it is!