Hello all..............

Joined Dec 7, 2001
I am a collector of menus, and would love to share them all with you. So it occured to me, that if enough people feel the same way, we could set up some kind of Menu Exchange.

To the administrators of this board and site:

1. Is this ok, are there issues with advertising? (my intention is certainly not to advertise for various restaurants).

2. Would this be a better thread in the Global Chefs Forum?

3. The maximum file size is quite small--though it would do. Are there plans to increase the size? Or is there another way in which members could exchange Menu's? I'd love it if they were available to everybody, not just those members that e-mail each other.

4. It might be good to plan ahead as to how we would like to categorize them. By continent/region/sub-region/cuisine....I dunno.

There are probably a slew of other questions I haven't thought of, so any input would be greatly appreciated. I am very excited about seeing the 'stuffs' on global menus--in my own collection I have menu's from Nepal, Tibet, India and all around America (Hawaii etc).

As soon as I get a green light, and we can work out some format for posting them, I'll post a few.

take care all,

flash

Joined Dec 12, 2000
I'm actually looking for a menu or menus from the old Commodore Cafe, that was here in Kamloops. if anyone has any info that they could share, it would be greatly appreciated. Also Flash, a menu exchange is a great idea, I'm always interested to read othe menus, I have a wierd habit of figuring out how much the restuarants food cost is, ie, 'how much are they soaking me for'

Joined Dec 7, 2001
...thanks for your response and interest.

I don't have any menu's from the old Commodore Cafe, sorry, but I would think someone out there does--which is yet another good reason for a menu exchange (menu's for posterity. Phenomenal Restaurants that are no longer in business might once again be celebrated and pondered).

I like your idea about figuring out food cost through menu observation.

Now, if we could only get some others involved, I'm sure everyone would benefit.

....waiting for more feedback,
flash

Top Bottom