hello all

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by free rider, May 24, 2006.

1. free rider

free rider

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    In case I forget later on, a hello to everyone! I am a cooking fanatic, always looking for the new and unusual. I have no wish to make it my career even though it has been suggested to me. I keep my creations to friends and family and sometimes, when they come out just awful, to myself. I worked in a restaurant kitchen eons ago.

2. crazytatt

crazytatt

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Welcome to the boards!

3. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Nice to meet you, Free Rider. Your bio sounds a bit like mine, but where you worked in a decent place, I worked in a not-so-decent one. I did learn a lot, and I'll bet you did too.

Browse the forums, read the articles, cookbook reviews, recipes and enjoy meeting our great members. Home cooks like us are respected and welcome here! The whole board is open to everyone- read it all and post everywhere but in the professional chefs' forums. :)

What are your specialties? I see you like to work with pastry. Tell us about that please.

Welcome!
    Mezzaluna

4. free rider

free rider

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    My specialty is being picky, or so I've been told. I love experimenting, but I am vegetarian, don't particularly like cheese and refuse to use hydrogenated oils. Now this can put a damper on a lot of pastrymaking, so my favorite has to be.... puff. :)

Lately, I've been playing around with almond "milk" and other such strange things.

I know a lot of people in the food industry, but I am far more small-scale and odd.

Super board, btw. I was finally drawn in for good by the "For Pannini" thread.