Hello all...

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by pxlfreak, Dec 1, 2005.

1. pxlfreak

pxlfreak

Exp:
    At home cook
    Hello all, just found the forums while browsing the net.

Cooking is a major hobby of mine as my partner and I like to entertain and host parties for our friends. Although my main niche is deserts I love cooking in every form.

I really enjoy impressing people with the visual as well as the taste of what is in front of them.

The holidays and parties are upon us and cant wait to bring my next creation to the family get togethers.

Thats all for now :) I am sure I will become quite the regular here so you will find more out about me later...

~Joe~

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Nice to meet you, Joe. Your love of desserts will be fed by the baking and pastry forums. Search the site to find topics of particular interest. Click on the "Chef Talk" link at the bottom of the main page to find reviews, articles and features on all aspects of food. Rick Bayless is featured at the moment (have you been to Topolabambo or Frontera?).

Enjoy the site-- Welcome!
    Mezzaluna

3. pxlfreak

pxlfreak

Exp:
    At home cook
    Thanks for the welcome,

No I haven't been to either of those places, where are they?

4. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    They're in Chicago. You listed that as your location, so I thought you might know them. Hey, it's a big city! :)

5. pxlfreak

pxlfreak

Exp:
    At home cook
    It is my area but like you said its a big place :) and millions of places to eat. Im going to have to seek both those places out now that you mention them.

6. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
  7. kimbrosj

kimbrosj

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Ahhhh all this talk of Chicago Restaurants is making me all nostalgic since I spent considerable time there....Be sure to check out one of my old haunts as well, Le Titi des Paris....some of the most exceptional desserts in that restaurant you will ever find, just located in the northern burbs so not as well known as some.....then there is Gourmands just off the mag. mile for an excellent cup of java and quiet time....blues, poetry readings, etc....good relaxation. Welcome to the forum pxlfreak.

I am new here as well, but seems like an amazing place...been looking for a new cooking forum, used to frequent another one ages ago that seems to not be up and running anymore, oh happy day when I found this place.