Hei from Norway

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by michnix, May 3, 2005.

1. michnix

michnix

just found this forum-
    want to say hei from the land of fjords, graved laks, and other weird food :D - ....
    (i'm not norwegian myself- but i fell in love with this beautiful country when i started to work here "just for a season or two"- that was four years ago....)
    cheers
    dave

2. chefsbb

chefsbb

Any jobs where you are?
    Looking :bounce:

3. michnix

michnix

where are you from?
    don't think we have jobs at our hotel at the moment- but you can always give it a shot- my boss works in sometimes mysterious ways ;) try at www.hotel-ullensvang.no
    it has been pretty difficult for jobseekers in the last few months, but summerseason is coming up- and good cooks are needed now in a variety of places- you can check www.aetat.no or www.finn.no - mail me if you have problems with the language....

4. chefsbb

chefsbb

I am from Texas and would like to travel. Thanks for the info.
    :)

5. michnix

michnix

don't hesitate to contact me if you need help or more info...

6. norgeskog

norgeskog

Hi michnix, I am Norwegian and visit my family in Norway frequently, and yest it is beautiful. Where are you in Norway?

7. michnix

michnix

I am living in Lofthus, Hardanger. Hotel Ullensvang- maybe you have heard about it....?
    where are you from? where are you living now?

8. norgeskog

norgeskog

I have family in Slependen, near Sandvika, about 20 min drive from Oslo; Akershus on the Kopperud farm in Ullensaker; Brandbu in Hadeland part of Oppland, about half way between Oslo and Lillihammer; T√łnsberg; and Stavanger. Have been there several times for a family reunion. Favorite restaurant in Oslo is Louise's on the harbor and, of course, the restaurant in the Grand Hotel downtown. Oskar's also is great, located on Randsfjorden on Jevnaker, actually an anchored former sailing ship. Nice to meet you, Karen