Heating foods at Farmers Market

Discussion in 'Professional Catering' started by cletts, Jun 14, 2015.

1. cletts

cletts

Exp:
    At home cook
    Hi all, started attending farmers' markets with my goods - frozen prepared meals. I would like to sample some items out, obviously would have to be heated.  We're not near a power source - anyone know of any battery-pack options out there for small warming appliances?  

Any feedback appreciated. Thanks!

2. laurenlulu

laurenlulu

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Use sterno under chafing dishes, easy breezy

3. cletts

cletts

Exp:
    At home cook
    Would that heat items up from cold? We're at the market's for up to 6 hours and I was hoping to decide upon a way to warm small bites up onsite for quick turn-over.

4. canele

canele

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
  5. flipflopgirl

flipflopgirl

Exp:
    Retired Hospitality
    That IS cute lol.
    No need for a generator (and the inherent stinky fumes) a 12 volt battery will do just fine.

mimi

6. chefwriter

chefwriter

Exp:
    Professional Cook
    There are numerous single burner portable units that run on butane or propane. Many catering companies use them. Hotels use them as well for  demonstration cooking in a dining room. 

If you have a local asian market, they should carry them. A good restaurant supply store should be able to get them for you as well. 

7. panini

panini

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    The butane cook tops are readily available almost everywhere. The bottles run about  $2 .

I see that you are a home cook. I'm curious what state would let you prepare meals for public consumption at home for resale.