heat resistant spatulas

Joined Oct 6, 2001
Anyone have a good manufacturer for these? I have one I love (no manufacturer on it), one that I like, except the handles keep separating from the spatula part (also no manufacturer, and then the ones that crack (I melted the name of the manufacturer...)

Use them alot for egg dishes and like them so much better than the old rubber spatulas that always left a rubbery taste in what ever you were mixing...

Any reccomendations?

TIA!

pete

Staff member
Joined Oct 7, 2001
In my restaurant and at home I use the "Rubbermaid" ones. They have a long, red handle. They are great! About twice as expensive as regular spatulas, but last five times as long!

Joined Dec 30, 1999
lynne,

Look in your local yellow pages for "restaurant supply" stores. They will have restaurant quality utensils often equal to or cheaper in price than even discount stores. They are happy to sell to the public and we love to get our supplies there for home. (You can always call first if you have any questions.) ;)

Joined Oct 6, 2001
Cchui,

Believe me, I'm there all the time for one thing or another--but they have the kind that the heads come off of only.

But thanks for the advice; you are always so good about answering everyone's questions. I ordered 3 different kinds off the net the other day; I'll give you all a report after they've had a few weeks worth of use.

Re: Rubbermaid. Maybe I got a bad batch, they're the ones that cracked on me. I'll give them another try...

Joined Dec 30, 1999
Lynne,

No problem. (By the way, its "cchiu" not "cchui".) If the heads came of early, and that's where you got them and they care about their clientelle, you should tell them so they order a different brand. We got ours from a restaurant supply store and have had them for 4 years with no problems whatsoever. (Convinced us never to go back to non heat resistant ones.) I'll tell you what, despite the fact that you've already ordered yours. I've noticed that Wal-Mart just recently started carrying heat resistant spatulas that look pretty cool. I'm sure they have them at Target and I've seen them at Gordmans, and other places like that. The prices are very reasonable, and with todays technology, there is no excuse for poor production. Keep us informed with your tested spatulas! :)

Top Bottom