Heard of these gyutos?

Joined May 1, 2018
Last week, I almost bought Shun Premier before I stumbled on these forums.My buddy that lives in Yokohama is visiting me in USA this weekend and I had him look for a 210mm gyuto or a set. I read few posts here about Kamaasa, Kamata in Kappabashi, Masimoto, etc but since those are a bit out of his way he snapped these pics on his way home from work at a local knife store Do you guys recognize any of them? How are they price wise?

kZmoLSoh.jpg

dNAKuGCh.jpg

VvrlnWLh.jpg

Joined Mar 1, 2017
This appears to be a local manufacturer that does not have a website. I don't think you are going to find the information you are looking for here unless by some random chance someone has actually used this brand of knife.

I think your friend is going to be your best source of information.

Good luck!

Joined Apr 25, 2014
Kikuhide is a retailer, I don't think they make their own knives. I see stuff branded like misono swedish and misono ux-10 and glestain. The 'Kikuhide' ones are like a house label. Only they could tell you who the maker is. Some are recognizable OEM blades that i've seen under a dozen different names.

I would take any of these over shun. About the prices, the ones i recognize are comparable to online retailer prices, sometimes even more expensive.

Joined May 1, 2018
Thank you for your reply! Which one Misono Swedish, one with dragon that's priced 33,460 JPY? I see that is overpriced compared to other sites.

Top Bottom