Head Chef Needed: June - August 2018

Discussion in 'Jobs / Internships Postings' started by BerkySoccer, Nov 23, 2017.

1. BerkySoccer

BerkySoccer

Exp:
    Assistant Director
    Massachusetts, USA
    June - August 2018
    $750- $1200/month (DOE) - Travel Stipend and Housing Provided.

Looking for a summer gig? The Berkshire Soccer Academy is an overnight soccer camp for Girls only in Otis, MA. We are in search for an outstanding applicant to fill our seasonal Head Chef role.

Supervising a team 5-6 staff, the head chef will oversee the preparation and serving of healthy meals, from scratch, for 200 people, 3 meals a day. Knowledge and experience in a commercial kitchen, health and safety procedures, ordering, coaching and mentoring staff are all necessary to be successful in this role.

The camp provides room and board and a wonderful staff community in which to live, learn and work hard. All positions work a six-day work week with one 24-hour period off per week.

If you are interested in learning more about this position, please contact me [email protected].

I look forward to hearing from you all soon.

2. RemoteFun

RemoteFun

Exp:
    cook
    The pay seems a little low for what you're asking.

PineStreetBaker and Pat Pat like this.
  3. jimyra

jimyra

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    2.50 to 4.00 / hour, sleep in a dorm. Not anyone in their right mind.

PineStreetBaker likes this.
  4. BerkySoccer

BerkySoccer

Exp:
    Assistant Director
    Hi Everyone, Thank you for all those that have emailed in response.

To be clear, the accommodation provided is Private, with private bathroom and not dorm style. We are also very competitive with other Camp Salaries, with this role being an ideal fit for someone relatively new to Kitchen management to someone with very a extensive experience. This is why there is such a large range.

We have had large success with Greek House chefs, or individuals currently working in a seasonal environment.

I look forward to hearing from anyone else that may be interested in learning more.