Have ingredient, need dessert/mixed drink ideas?

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by pullmanpair, Dec 14, 2009.

1. pullmanpair

pullmanpair

Exp:
    Sous Chef
    I received several ripe avocados (Fuerte, I believe) for free from work, so I mixed up a concoction I haven't had in a while. We had a really nice sushi guy from Burma who would take the older avocados he had, mash them up and add condensed milk. I found the flavor intriguing, but not something I would do very often. Today, however, I blended up the avocado with some lemon juice and mixed it with slightly sweetened whipping cream and found the flavor to be truly delightful (though I was myself in the minority...).

So here I am, eating this rich, citrusy green "pudding" with a spoon and thought it would be even better with something. I have a couple dessert ideas, but would really like to try it in a mixed drink (which I should not be left to create on my own). Any thoughts, including desserts, would be appreciated!

2. petalsandcoco

petalsandcoco

Exp:
    Private Chef
    3 for starters :

Avocado mousse

Avocado Crème Brûlée ( you cannot miss with this one)

Avocado ice cream

3. pullmanpair

pullmanpair

Exp:
    Sous Chef
    Creme brulee, for whatever reason, didn't cross my mind. I'm going for it, but would love for any other ideas.

4. petalsandcoco

petalsandcoco

Exp:
    Private Chef
    Ok, you broke me......

Chocolate and avocado pudding

You can make an avocado fruit salad with walnuts in a light syrup (papaya, pineapple, banana...) A dish made in Gautemala ....a dollop of coconut cream.

A Vietnamese avocado shake (Sinh to bo)

Ever had avocado puree on cod ?....I know desserts and shakes.....