Has anyone used Home & Garden Party Stoneware?

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by eldar13, Oct 16, 2004.

1. eldar13

eldar13

Hi just bought Home and Garden Party Pottery Canister Set, at www.hgp-info.com. Has anyone ever used there Stoneware? What is the best oil to season a baking stone?

2. tjdreams

tjdreams

I have never used their baking stone, i have went and checked it out and it looks pretty good, but here is what i recommend for yours...

Most everyone will automatically tell you to use olive oil or any cooking oil.

I will not because i don't know what you are going to use it for. However here are a couple of suggestions:

If you are going to use it to bake owen fress pizza: Use sesame seed oil or peanut oil to treat it, because it will absorb and give a nice flavor as you bake more and more.

If you use it for Bread, than Olive oil or even Soy oil will do just fine.

If you use it for Cookies, i would treat it with Coconut oil (rare) or Extra Virgin Olive oil

By the way, i saw the cannister set you talked about and i was wondering how much you paid for that?

Hope this helped.

3. eldar13

eldar13

I paid $49.00 plus $12.43 shipping and tax total of $61.43 regular price is $98.00. I had a $400.00 dollar party. That entitled me to $80.00 in free products and Four 1/2 off items. I chose the canister set as one of my 1/2 off items. I think if you have a party or an order for $100.00 you can get $20.00 free product and still get 1 product 1/2 off good deal on canister set, its considered 1 item.Thanks for advice on seasoning stoneware.