Has anyone seen the New Oxford Compaion to Food?

Joined Feb 8, 2003
I saw an interesting book today on tv; and was wondering if anyone had heard about it, The Oxford Companion to Food? I'm English; and so I'm always interested in good books, especially in the area of history of food, and our culture.
I hope to get myself a copy as soon as I can, most likely from Amazon or somewhere like that; because they sell books quite reasonably, and I don't live near a major bookstore, so ordering online is very convenient.:)

Joined May 2, 2003
The Oxford Companion to Food came out about three years ago, I think. It's an excellent reference work, though there are errors here and there. Penguin (at least in the UK and Aus) have just published the Penguin Companion to Food which is, I believe, and paperback abridged version of the original.

--lamington

Joined Feb 22, 2002
I just got the Oxford Companion to Food for my birthday. It came out in 1999. It's good, but doesn't go into a lot of detail for some things, and too much detail for others. It's a good reference for most common foods and some odd things.

Joined Jan 24, 2003
It took the poor author 30 years to write....Good but not as good as Larousse....enjoy

Top Bottom