Harissa infused olive oil

Joined Aug 4, 2000
This stuff works great with thick crusted pizza. Presently I possess the remnants of a bottle of Oli + Ve from Veronica Foods in Oakland, Ca but I fail to find it online. And I must state that in addition to lamb and chicken couscous that I feasted on during the early 1970's while staying with a moslem family in Algiers, I feel that the stated infused EV olive oil truly earns a place in culinary delight, especially when used in making a thick crusted pizza. They deserve an award for this spicey wonder as it's truly earned it's place in western cuisine along with North African.

Last edited:
Joined Aug 4, 2000
My pizza pan is spread with approx. 1.5 tsp of Mangalitsa lard mixed with the harissa-infused olive oil. And then the dough is laid out streched with oily fingers. Some pizza sauce from Rao's with water buffalo mozzarella and pepperoni slices. You've arrived in heaven before you know it thanks to Rao's.

pete

Staff member
Joined Oct 7, 2001
Sounds great, but are you just letting the community know about this product, and idea, or are you asking for help to re-create this oil as you can't find it anymore? Can't tell from your post.

pete

Staff member
Joined Oct 7, 2001
Thanks for the clarification! I love harissa, but never thought of using it on pizza. Sounds like a great idea to add a bit of spice and flavor.

Joined Aug 4, 2000
Thanks for the clarification! I love harissa, but never thought of using it on pizza. Sounds like a great idea to add a bit of spice and flavor.

I remember Arinell Pizza in Berkeley during the 1970s and 80s. At each table sat a shaker of oregano (maybe mixed with other dried green spices) and a shaker of crushed red pepper to spice-up their NY style pizza fresh out of the oven.

Top Bottom