Happy Lei Day

Discussion in 'The Late Night Cafe (off-topic)' started by kaneohegirlinaz, May 2, 2012.

1. kaneohegirlinaz

kaneohegirlinaz

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    May Day Is Lei Day In Hawaii
    As I sit here on the beach with my flower garlands around my neck
    I wish you all
    Happy May Day
    ALOHA
    K~girl

2. chefbuba

chefbuba

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Have funnnnnnnnn!!!!!!

3. durangojo

durangojo

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    ok hula girl,

take the umbrella out of your drink and tell us what you and michael are eating...what was the very first thing thing you sought out? i just know somewhere in there it's gonna have spam!!!...aloha anyway...

joey

4. kaneohegirlinaz

kaneohegirlinaz

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Mahalo chefbuba
    My sista' Joey, girl it's the raw fish! We got home about an hour after landing and I headed out and got us four different types of Poke, OH MY GOSH! Not sure about dinner yet, but it may be early bedtime and start fresh tomorrow on the way to the BEACH!! :cool:

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  5. chefbuba

chefbuba

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Zippy's for plate lunch??

6. chefedb

chefedb

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Hawiann Spam Ka-bobs       6 soaked bamboo skewere

1/2 inch cubed spam, pineapple chunks,water chestnuts, cherries, red onion, green ppper

marinate all on skewers in teriaki sauce,5 spice seasoning, a little brown sugar or honey.

put on open grill till spam starts to get goldedn brown, while basting with marinade liquid. serve with yellow  rice pilaff

7. kaneohegirlinaz

kaneohegirlinaz

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Chefed, spam is our (Hawaii's) beloved meat, for sure! Never thought of a kabob ...
    Chefbuba, Zippy's is right up the street from us, but have not been yet ... Mostly it's been fish for now, but we're here for awhile this time. I promise to keep everyone updated and post everything once we get home to our own computer... ALOHA YA' ALL!