Hallo from Poland

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by dorothy81, Mar 13, 2006.

1. dorothy81

dorothy81

Exp:
    At home cook
    Hallo.

My name is Dorothy and I come from Poland. I love cooking (I do it all the (free) time) I think I get many great ideas on this forum.

Sorry for my english (it isn't very well ;) but I think it will not be a problem).

I am not proffesional chef but all my recipes I have published on www in polish (my site is quite popular in Poland). Some time ago I'have decided to translate (as I can) some of my recipes. You can find link in my signature (sorry for a litter advertisement, but I want to share my recipes with you).

OK. I hope I have done a good begining on this forum :)

2. gonefishin

gonefishin

Exp:
    At home cook
    Hi Dorothy :)

Welcome to the site and thanks for sharing. Which recipies are yours?

Have you got a smokehouse of any sorts on your property?

thanks again!

dan

3. dorothy81

dorothy81

Exp:
    At home cook
    Almost all recipes are mine - I have it from my family. My mother has studied culinary and some of recipes I copied from her copybooks.

Some recipes are from my friend and visitors of my site.

Why smokehouse? - I haven't got any ;)

4. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Hello Dorothy! We have many members here whose first language is not English. We don't keep a red pencil to check mistakes! :) Just enjoy the site. Ask questions, post your responses, and let us know if we can help you in any way.

I know little about Polish cooking, but what I do know of it is that it's delicious. I love the use of mushrooms, sour cream and vegetables. The pastries and sweets are wonderful too!

We're glad you found us and hope you enjoy Chef Talk.

Welcome!
    Mezzaluna

5. botanique

botanique

Exp:
    Other
    Hallo Dorothy. Willkommen. Ich bin nicht Polnisch, aber meine familie is deutsch. I have been looking for the ultimate bread dumpling recipe -- can you help me?

I hope you enjoy your time here at ChefTalk!

6. gonefishin

gonefishin

Exp:
    At home cook
    Thanks for sharing your recipies with us:)

I know a couple of people from Poland (not sure where) and they both had mentioned that they made their own sauasages...and had a nice sized smokehouse to smoke the sausages as well.

welcome,
    dan

7. crazytatt

crazytatt

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Hallo, Pa PEEE VOOOO! NASTROVIA! Please excuse the spelling. Hope all is well, cheers

8. dorothy81

dorothy81

Exp:
    At home cook
    Ach :) Now I know what you mean. I haven't got smokehouse, but I often buy home-made sausages from my uncle. Those sousages are veeeery tasty. Sometimes he made it with venison (but more often simply with... pigs ;) ) He made sausage evert two weeks - I buy then it as much as my family eat in... two weeks :)

He made also ham and bacon - smoked of course :)

I recommend to taste it if you will have ocassion :)