Had a rep come into the store today from this company

Discussion in 'Professional Pastry Chefs' started by momandchef, Apr 16, 2011.

1. momandchef

momandchef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    http://dudesweetchocolate.com/main.sc

Holy cow those chocolates were amazing! Tobacco and Cognac, dates and ras el hanout. It was all amazing and so good. We really loved the Stag Party truffles and the potions. Really inspired creations!

2. blwilson2039

blwilson2039

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    I had to look up "ras el hanout". I wasn't familiar with it, but (thanks to Wikipedia) I might check out a local ethnic grocery that specializes in north African foods. It sounds interesting, but much like curry powder: lots of different combinations that vary depending on what region you're in.

I went to a well-known restaurant years ago in Hawaii that had a curried seafood on the menu boasting 23 different spices in their curry blend. Being the smart-ass I am, I asked the server what the spices were. He knew all of them and recited the list. I asked for another napkin to wipe the egg off my face.

I like posts that teach you something. Thanks momandchef!

3. momandchef

momandchef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    My pleasure!

The rep was such a great guy and it was so fun to talk with him and taste all the different creations. They truly inspired me to consider some different ingredients in the other things I make. I am most excited about the potions. I want to use them in everything! lol, I want to bathe in them /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif!