Gyuto knife around 160 USD

Joined May 22, 2015
My girlfriend want to buy me a knife for my birthday. I want a gyuto knife about 240 mm long, dual bevel blade. A knife with a very good blade not too difficult to Sharpen and very durable? If possible a knife with Damascus blade or special blade. A Japanese handle not a western handle. She wants to buy something around 160$. Do you have something to propose to me? I don't have big hands.

Thank you

Joined Nov 15, 2012
As is often the case I second Millions here.  That JKI knife is an OEM rebranded by a number of vendors, but with Jon you know it is to his specs, which means nice FF, thin behind the edge and OTB sharp.  It's in budget, a very good performer and it has the looks.

Rick

Joined May 22, 2015
Jon recommend me this knife. But I don't know about good knife so I was wondering if it was a good knife for the price or If I could get better bang for the bucks at JKI or somewhere else. 

Joined Apr 25, 2014
On kkf you said you're in canada? The knife is great at this price, but I don't know how much it costs shipping up to canada or what import taxes are like. That could be the deal breaker.

Joined May 22, 2015
The shipping is 36$. If I can get a gift notice, I will avoid duties. If I buy in Canada,i have to pay taxes that are so much high.

Joined May 26, 2015
I just wanted to compliment Millions on the recommendation being *exactly* as asked for, down to the dollar. Additionally, I'd like to second Rick's assurance that Jon only carries good knives. Yroymtl, did you end up making a purchase?

Latest posts

Top Bottom