Guys I have a confession

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by kingfarvito, Oct 24, 2015.

1. kingfarvito

kingfarvito

Exp:
    Line Cook
    I stopped cooking for a living. And I'm happier. I've been working as a carpenters apprentice for the last month. I still make things they just last way longer, and I have more time off now.....just felt the need to share.

kuan, layjo and phaedrus like this.
  2. cheflayne

cheflayne

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Goodatcha! This is what the whole shooting match is about. Hope you continue to enjoy your new profession.

3. meezenplaz

meezenplaz

Exp:
    Sous Chef, Event Manager
    Meh, I've done both of those things...culinary and construction....at the same time....for many years now. 

They seem to get along well. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif  Congrats on being happier./img/vbsmilies/smilies/thumb.gif

4. phaedrus

phaedrus

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Congrats!  For all the bluster about cooking being a way of life ultimately life & what makes you happy trumps the rest.  I can't fault you for moving on to greener pastures.  And nothing wrong with keeping a foot in that world by hanging at CT.

5. akat

akat

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I do like the way that with food, when i make a really great dish only 1 or some people will be the only ones in the whole of time and space to ever experience that dish. its very personal to a stranger.... BUT i do like the way that great objects can be enjoyed by maybe HUNDREDS of people. hope you like your new life and keep up the GOOD WORK.