Guilty pleasures

Joined Sep 5, 2008
Hey guys, I'm a little tipsy right now. Had a good bottle of wine. And I wanted to share this with you:

Tonight I made coq-au-vin. Right now my family left the table, my wife is taking care of the kids before going to bed... and here I am, alone at the dinner table. So I'm going for the dish at the middle of the table. Grabbing a half-mushroom, a lardon, and a small piece of chicken, dripping some red-wine sauce on top, .. . BLISS!!!! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/lol.gif  

Last edited:
Joined Oct 31, 2012
Lol.  This has been the Drunken Dinner Table broadcast. Thanks for tuning in.

Your next report should be from a Champagne Brunch. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/drinkbeer.gif  

Joined Dec 18, 2010
Next time try better wine. Or maybe just one fewer glasses. Ha ha ha. That sounds great! For us it was a stiff Manhattannfollowed by roasted garlic chicken and steamed broccoli. I think there was rice too but my memories are vague. My guilty pleasure has become Manhattans served in a Margarita glass. That way the cherry survives all the way to the, albeit, too short-lived but bitter end.

Last edited:
Joined Sep 5, 2008
IMO one of the best price/quality ratio if you're looking for inexpensive wine. I think it's only $6.99 or something like that. And perfectly drinkable. Certainly good enough to cook with. Better than most $10 wines. 

Joined Dec 23, 2000
The response to that is...

"No, it won't but life will certainly seem  longer."

Mike /img/vbsmilies/smilies/frown.gif

Hey, but MERRY CHRISTMAS anyway.

M/img/vbsmilies/smilies/peace.gif

pete

Staff member
Joined Oct 7, 2001

Hey guys, I'm a little tipsy right now. Had a good bottle of wine. And I wanted to share this with you:

Tonight I made coq-au-vin. Right now my family left the table, my wife is taking care of the kids before going to bed... and here I am, alone at the dinner table. So I'm going for the dish at the middle of the table. Grabbing a half-mushroom, a lardon, and a small piece of chicken, dripping some red-wine sauce on top, .. . BLISS!!!! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/lol.gif  
I'm still waiting to hear about the "guilty pleasure".  That just sounds like a darn fine evening to me.  Nothing guilty about it!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom