Group Purchasing Programs

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by emhahn, Mar 31, 2003.

1. emhahn

emhahn

Someone asked me over the weekend if I knew of any "Group Purchasing Programs."

I only know of one that claims to be nationwide, (IRPG).

Anyone else know of any?

I'd be interested in knowing......

Thanks,

Eric

RestaurantEdge

2. snakelady1

snakelady1

Eric in Wisconsin there is the Valley Bakers Association. Members get rebates at the end of the year based on purchases. I believe they deliver to upper Michigan I don't know about any other states though

3. puck

puck

If you dont mind me asking....I live in Wisconsin and have heard of the Valley Bakers Association many times. Never really knew what they did though. What exactly is a Group Purchasing Program?

Hope I dont sound too much like a newbie.

4. snakelady1

snakelady1

They are a co op you pay $500 for a membership, buy your products from them (similar in price to Bakemark) at the end of each year you get a rebate based on your purchases I believe it is 5% of your total purchases. The five hundred is a one time fee and if you go out of business or retire you get the money back.

5. campchef

campchef

Exp:
    Culinary Instructor
    Michigan has the HPS group. It stands for Hospital Purchasing Service, but any foodservice operation can join. It's administered through a vendor, for most of Mich. it is GFS out of Grand Rapids. You pay a fee based on your usage, and get rebates accordingly. They also carry non-food items from other vendors. We use them for almost everything, including equipment.

6. chocolate bow

chocolate bow

A company called buy efficient out of california on a national level
    300 hotels subscribe to it .
    Chocolate Bow.