gross profit

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by superchef99, May 3, 2012.

1. superchef99

superchef99

Exp:
    Restaurant Manager
    I need help!!! I have to do a project at work on gross profit. I am a chef/manager at buffet that serves 5000 durning week and 9000 on weekend..... How to controll our gross profit... Any idea's

2. brandonknill

brandonknill

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    I don't know if this is what your looking for, but at a buffet/all you can eat type place, I would assume that the easiest way to keep costs down is fill people up on low cost carbs such as rice, beans, bread, potatoes. All the buffet type places I've been to have done it that way.

The other way would be to do it "family" style, where the customers sit down and you bring bowls of stuff. There is great chicken place in Michigan that does the "all you can eat" thing this way -- Zenders (sp?) I believe its called. They always start people off with bread, salad, noodle soup, etc. so by the time they serve the chicken you're already half full. However, "family style" isn't really buffet.

3. chefedb

chefedb

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    You are dealing with many  unknowns here . Like ages, ethnic groups, season, kind of day, location . Your best hope is to get and keep a running AVERAGE .

,Now a question for you..What is Gross Profit????

and what is your food cost%?

4. superchef99

superchef99

Exp:
    Restaurant Manager
    It is a place that see's a lot of tourist. It is in the heart of Lancaster county(amish), and we serve mostly Pa dutch style food. Not sure of the fc off the top of my head