Chef Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 30 of 30 Posts
I'm not a denier but you put it very well about masks. First they (and there was a big discrepancy between the CDC and the WHO) said that masks do little or nothing and only needed to be worn by people who are caring for people who have the virus. Then they said everybody should wear a mask if you are within 6 feet of other people to protect yourself. When that didn't work they began saying that you wear a mask to protect others from you. They are using peer pressure to manipulate which is causing more harm because people are at each other's throats.

So we have people walking around outside wearing a mask, people driving cars wearing masks, people running and bicycle riding wearing masks, people swimming! wearing masks, people walking to outdoor dining across a parking lot wearing masks. And if you don't do as they do you risk a confrontation.

Then consider that we have one of the idiots running for the White House saying that if he's elected he is going to mandate mask wearing and if everybody wears a mask for three months this virus will be gone.

I really can't see how anybody with a brain can take any of this seriously.
Cat Felidae Carnivore Organism Font

Discussion starter · #23 ·
We have people here with serious health issues, who wear masks with oxygen and have no problems yet there are those who seriously can not, If you can not, stay home and use a delivery service or have a friend shop for you

those who seriously can not, If you can not, stay home and use a delivery service or have a friend shop for you
This is kind of where I thought we should have been already. We have enough data to show what demographics will be statistically most severely affected by Covid-19 infection and we should have a paradigm shift of suggesting those people stay home and take extra precautions while we phase in lower restrictions for the rest of the population.

At the end of the day I will still wear a mask when I go into public places even though I have asthma and have to lower my mask periodically when no one is around to regulate my breathing. Is it a nuisance? Yes and I don't believe it is really doing that much for me when I am generally not within people's "bubbles." But if it going to avoid a brawl with someone when I go to get groceries than I'll wear it. My biggest problem is that I do not like excessive government over reach and I feel we are heading down a slippery slope if anything can be labeled a "public health crisis" and gives politicians unbridled power. There are many people out there trying their best to help in this time but there will undoubtedly be people who will find ways to take advantage as well.

I hate grocery shopping now. I used to love it pre-pandemic. We live close to our local farmer's market and I loved goign there and visiting with the vendors as I grocery shopped... now I get in and get out as fast as I can. I've switched from going to our local grocery store to using a delivery service for our pantry items and when I haven't been comfortable with the number of people at the market I have used the delivery service for fresh foods too.

We do most of our household shopping as early as possible - like 6 or 7 AM - because the air has had a chance to settle, and the potential of being cross-contaminated with someone else's viral load is diminished... we still take precautions, but I feel a lot better about it.

The one issue I *do* have is some of the suppliers I used to deal with are severely reduced staff-wise, so it's hard to get high quality bulk foods... It feels like I'm competing with everyone else, and getting what is allegedly "first quality" (especially produce) but is stuff we used to pass on. Also my old milling company no longer ships long distance... so trying to get the flours I'm used to using is getting difficult.

I can't wait until we start to resume something a little closer to normal...

I believe that masks do work to help stop the spread of Covid. We have a manadtory mask mandate in place at work and the temp who was helping my daughter over the Easter rush tested positive for the virus. The room they worked in was very small and back when the pandemic first started we figured out how to make cheese cutting work while keeping it distanced. Anyway my daughter was identified as a close contact and had to get tested and isolate for fourteen days. She tested negative for the virus.
I'm not a huge fan of wearing them but if it is what needs to be done to keep myself and those around me safe I will do it..

So here we are July 31,2021 and again we are being asked to wear the masks that don't work inside and around large gatherings.
July 4th 74% of the partiers in Cape Cod that caught the virus were already 100% vaccinated......Hmmmmmmmmmm
I read that the vaccinated partiers transmitted the virus, they didn't get sick themselves. That's why they're asking for masks, to protect the unvaccinated. Want to end masks? Get vaccinated.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.