Chef Forum banner

Grilling, Smoking, BBQ, Outdoor Cooking Mega Thread

11K views 59 replies 8 participants last post by  happyhound 
#1 ·
With temperatures warming in a lot of areas I thought this might be a fun idea. Kind of like "what did you have for dinner" but specifically for us to banter about our epic weekend warrior pursuits, equipment, favorite rubs and techniques, purveyors, stories from the competition circuit, etc. and of course share some images to give each other some ideas or inspiration.

I recently did a picanha (sirloin cap steak) more in the style that it is cooked in Argentina where it's a really popular cut. I think the idea is to shave the outer meat as it cooks letting the fat cap baste the meat for delicious steak that resembles bacon in some ways!

pic2.jpg

I have some USDA prime beef short plate ribs and a prime brisket that I am hoping to do in the coming weeks. I can't get those locally but found an outfit that ships overnight to your door in dry ice packages and considering, the prices are not bad.

My setup is a weber gas grill, camp chef pellet smoker/grill combo, blackstone griddle and an oklahoma joe stick burner offset smoker. Hopefully I can share my "pizza oven" setup I've kind of tweaked over the last couple of years. I've got it dialed in pretty well. I need to work on my "release" to avoid the strangely shaped pies though :p but I'm able to get pretty good top heat without completely burning the bottom when I'm running around 800-900F

laborpizza1.jpg
laborpizza2.jpg

So if you enjoy taming the fires and cooking outside post up what you've been up to! Or if you're just getting into it and have any questions I'm sure there's a handful of us on here that could offer our own experiences.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.