1 cup V8 juice
1/2 cup cider vinegar
juice of 1 lemon
juice of 1 lime
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp coriander
salt & pepper to taste

Place all marinade ingredients in food processor and process till smooth.

Peel and clean shrimp. place in a 1 quart ziplock bag and add marinade. Press out excess air and close. Squeeze shrimp around and insure it is thoroughly distributed within the marinade.

Refrigerate for 1 hour.

Place onto skewars that have been soaked for at least 2 hours (I use 2 skewars per kabab to keep shrimp secure).

Place on a hot grill and cook for 2 or 3 minutes per side.

Serves 2 as an entree or 4 as an appetizer.

Joined Jul 31, 2000
Looks great,

How does all the acids (lime.lemon,vinegar and v8) effect the texture of the shrimp?

Joined Jun 25, 2002
They do firm up, but do not seem to suffer as a result. The key is to refrigerate and do not marinate over an hour. Also you have to be very careful on the cooking time, faster is better.

I actually evolved from this to a Jerk version that dispensed with the V8 and used allspice and nutmeg and other island spices, then from there to a Thai style version using coconut milk, cilantro and lemongrass. This is a work in progress and I've not condensed these down to actual recipes at present...

Joined Mar 13, 2001
Ah, you kept your promise, mstevens. Grilled spicy shrimp are amongst my favorite foods. I do look forward to your version using coconut milk, cilantro and lemongrass...:lips:

Top Bottom