Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by Guest, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi! My name is Deepak, I am an avid home cook in lovely Portland, OR who joined this website to connect with other enthusiasts.  I have been cooking for about 15 years now and have cooked for groups small (4-5) and large (200-300), have done menu planning and preparation, and am often asked by friends for advice on how to use various ingredients or for recipe advice. My cooking is mostly influenced by Indian flavors and themes as that is what I grew up cooking but I have developed my own very unique style using local fresh ingredients with an Indian flavor base.

I am in the process of starting a food blog and am beginning to think about a move out of the software field and into food as a my income source (food cart, small restaurant, culinary school and fine dinning, personal chef...will post about my ideas on another forum).

2. mezzaluna

Hi Deepak- welcome! If you're considering a culinary career change, you'll want to do some searches here as you do your thinking. A good many of your questions and concerns may have been discussed earlier, so try doing that before you post.

Have you developed any Indian-American fusion recipes? Are there dishes you particularly enjoy preparing?

I hope you visit often and enjoy participating here. Welcome!