greetings to all

Joined May 30, 2002
Athenaeus lured me into this forum of culinary fantasy, so here I am, residing in Houston in the "temporary" position of a graduate student in biomedical sciences and finding wonderful things to read and study in the various postings.
I am not a kitchen professional so if my postings ever seem naive, please bear with me. I usually try to find info on things I don't know about, but not all info is good or true and what better place to engage in thoughtful conversation about food than here?

Joined Jul 31, 2000
Don't worry about niave posts, i'm sure you'll do just fine.

Maybe you can post how biomedical research impacks the foods we eat, if at all...

Regardless,
welcome and have fun:)
cc

Joined Jul 24, 2001
Hi zouzouni.

I am sure you will have great time here.

People are very polite and extremely helpfull.

Do not lurk in the dark! Sometimes I feel that I post the number of messages the entire population of Greece would post, if it was subscribed :D

Joined Apr 19, 2001
Welcome! every one of us is naive about somethine or other, so post away!

What sort of biomedical research are you involved in?

Joined May 26, 2001
As has been stated already, any friend of Athenaeus's is okay with us! And as for naivete -- well, some of us know very little about biomedical sciences, so please bear with US. Looking forward to some interesting exchanges of information.:)

Joined May 30, 2002
cc writes:

"Maybe you can post how biomedical research impacks the foods we eat, if at all... "

we do, we do: we make a huge contribution to junk food vending machines, since invariably most students toiling away in the wee hours of the night need nourishment

:D

marmalady asks:

"What sort of biomedical research are you involved in?"

I study the physiology of the gastrointestinal system

Joined Aug 29, 2000
Yasu, zouzouni!! Welcome to the "family". We'll look forward to your posts. But I'll take a pass on the kokoretsi. Pass the fish and skordalia my way, though.....

Joined Jul 28, 2001
Zouzouni,
Howdy! Houston Texas?
I'm in the "temporary" position as pot washer here in Dallas. I owe A. a cake in the shape of a pink cadillac, maybe you can collect. If you're in need, there is always a good old home cooked meal for you in Big D.
Jeff

Top Bottom