Greetings to all Cooks and Chefs!

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by tulzie, Dec 19, 2011.

1. tulzie

tulzie

Exp:
    Line Cook
    Hello everyone!

This is my first time joining a Chef's forum, I'm looking forward to interacting with all of you avid food lovers out there- seasoned chefs and newbie cooks alike! I will need a lot of advice, so should you feel like imparting me with your culinary wisdom, please don't be shy and post away!

Quick background about me : Been a short order cook for 5 years. Following that I worked as a cook at a catering company, both on premise and off, for 3 years. Currently working at  casual dining as  prep/pantry but is about to put in my two weeks notice for a job as a  expeditor/ stewardess/ chef's assistance for a higher volume restaurant. (I can totally see myself spazzing out once the tickets start rolling in , lol).

Credentials: B.A. in Psychology in Human Development,  city sanitation certificate, gold star from my first grade teacher. 

Most of the things I have learned about the trade are through the jobs I've held, the chefs that I have pestered, and the books I have read- thank god for the On Cooking culinary textbook.

I currently don't specialize in one type of cuisine, although I have been mainly working with American cuisine, but I do follow the french cooking methods when it comes time to cook. 

Already then, thank you for reading this post, I wish you a good day, and enjoy your next meal!

Happy cooking!

Tulzie

2. kaneohegirlinaz

kaneohegirlinaz

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Aloha and welcome tulzie!

Credentials: B.A. in Psychology in Human Development,  city sanitation certificate, gold star from my first grade teacher. 

... and I bet that teacher loved you! 

What a diverse back ground. 

We all look forward to your contributions here at Chef Talk.  This is a super great place to connect with others of the same thinking, FOOD...

Feel free to check out and participate in whatever forums you see; don't forget the articles and galleries, there are some pretty cool photos of peoples creations.   Oh and all the best in your new venture!!