Greetings Programs!!!

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by lordbacon, Feb 16, 2010.

1. lordbacon

lordbacon

Exp:
    Sous Chef
    Howdy folks. Thought I'd jump in here and see what's up. I've been a professional cook for over twenty years, and am currently a restaurant sous chef at a premium hotel in the SF Bay Area. I have worked in places throughout the bay, as well as in Sacramento and Atlanta. Outside of cooking, I'm a hardcore scifi geek and also enjoy music, billiards, college sports(GO BEARS!!!), and cold beer. So thats the cliff notes version of it, now let's see what this place is about. Peace.:peace:

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Hello LordBacon and welcome to Chef Talk. We're glad you found us! There's a lot here to explore and enjoy. We hope you visit often to share and to pick up an idea or too as well.

There is a good number of us sci-fi geeks here. My favorite authors are Heinlein, Asimov and Varley. Because I'm a retired middle school teacher I also have some young adult author favorites, including Nix and, of course, Rowling. My fantasy fave is Tolkien, of course. When I was younger I thought about trying to create some of the foods mentioned in LOTR, but to be honest, there wasn't much mentioned about food.

Welcome!
    Mezzaluna

3. lordbacon

lordbacon

Exp:
    Sous Chef
    Yeah, first thread I looked at was the kitchen humor one.  Boy did that bring back memories./img/vbsmilies/smilies/lol.gif

4. rose789

rose789

Exp:
    Host