Greetings from the Pacific NW

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by thesoupbuddhist, Apr 16, 2016.

1. thesoupbuddhist

thesoupbuddhist

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Hey all- living in OR now, just moved here from Seattle. LOVING it !!! Just got a job at a cool little cafe with what I think has the nicest menu in town. I'm planning on opening a food truck soon but thought this would be a good way to get my foot in on the culinary scene here. It's a great crew I'm working with and the chef is a really cool person and boss. Anyways, just wanted to say hello.

2. nicko

nicko Founder of Cheftalk.com Staff Member

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Welcome glad you joined the community. Are you the chef at the cafe? What type of food truck are you thinking of opening?

3. chefbillyb

chefbillyb

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Welcome to Cheftalk. I'm not sure if your in Portland or not but it's a cool place to practice your craft. Portland is a place that welcomes new ideas and lets chefs show their skills. Whats nice about the Portland scene is, the food pods offer a variety of foods that you could never find all in the same place. You only need to be good at a few items to be successful........Good luck from a fellow PNW Chef........Chef Bill 

4. thesoupbuddhist

thesoupbuddhist

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Hey CBB - I'm actually in Astoria but Portland does have an awesome Culinary scene. LMK if you ever make it to Astoria.
    Thanks Nicko. I'm not the chef, just line-cooking for now. I wanted to get my foot in the door on the culinary scene here and when this opportunity came up I jumped on it. The Chef is a great guy who worked at The Gramercy Tavern. I feel he has the nicest menu in town. I'm hoping to open a donut truck. Mini's sold fresh out of the fryer and sprinkled w/ cinnamon or powdered sugar to start. Eventually I'm thinking of adding breakfast burritos and a few soups rotating every couple of days. We were hoping to get a bakery here that has closed because the owner had medical issues but it's taking too long to find anything out about it hence the truck. I figure eventually we'll get into a spot here that doesn't require installing a hood and what not. Thanks again for the welcome.

5. chefbillyb

chefbillyb

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I go through Astoria on my way over to Long beach. Chefbuba a Cheftalk member has a food wagon in Long beach not to far from you. 

6. thesoupbuddhist

thesoupbuddhist

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Awesome, do you know the name of it ? I'll check it out sometime. LMK when you come through next, let's get together.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016