Greetings from New York

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by porkchops, Mar 24, 2005.

1. porkchops

porkchops

I've been lurking for a while, but I'm planning on asking some questions soon.. so I figured that I should introduce myself first. So here goes..

I'm 34 and live in the New York City area. I grew up in Manhattan, but couldn't afford to stay.. and now live in the last cheap apartment in Hoboken, NJ.

As much as I think I would like to change careers at times, I am for the most part content working as a Graphic Designer. I don't know if I would call myself a true foodie yet. I feel like I have so much to learn. Over the past few years, I've learned a lot from friends, food network, and the like. But I'm a bit of a late bloomer. You see, my Quebecois grandmother is a wonderful cook... but she feared raising a couple of generations of housewives, and kept all of the secrets to herself. Only now, am I starting to get some information out of her... Now that I can ask her specific questions.

I am a Food Network junkie. I think my favorites are Tyler Florence and Michael Chiarello.. although I probably make Rachel Ray recipes the most often. Her personality is a little grating, but I do like her recipies.

I guess that's enough for now. I'm so happy I found this resource... Now I have to decide what questions to ask first...

-- Porkchops

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Porkchops, you will learn a ton if you hang out here like you've been hanging out at Food TV! At least here you can ask questions from professionals and experienced amateurs and get an answer. Pity your grandmere didn't share her knowledge, but we have more than a few Quebecois here ourselves.

Make yourself at home and enjoy all our site has to offer. Don't miss the great articles and book reviews on the main Chef Talk site.

By the way, I agree 100% with your view on Rachael Ray. Great food, grating giggles....

Mezzaluna