Greetings from another Newbie

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by harborwitch, Apr 19, 2006.

1. harborwitch

harborwitch

Exp:
    At home cook
    Hello everyone! BillyJ convinced me to come visit here.

I'm a home cook with crazy aspirations . . . someday! For right now I'm just honing my skills in the kitchen and learning everything I can about food and techniques.

We also enjoy boating, fishing, and playing with our 4 pugs.:eek:

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Hello Harborwitch and welcome to Chef Talk. I hope you've fared all right during the terrible stretch of weather you've been pelted with in California. Living on the west coast, you must have access to wonderful seafood and gorgeous produce. What are your favorite uses for the local ingredients?

I hope you'll enjoy all we have here: recipes, cooking articles, cookbook reviews. Check out the search feature to look for topics we've discussed previously.

I know you'll like it here!
    Mezzaluna

3. harborwitch

harborwitch

Exp:
    At home cook
    I think we have survived! The Island that we live and work on flooded New Years Eve. And the high water and rain of the last couple of weeks kept us on high alert with the furniture up on bricks. It now looks like we've dodged the proverbial bullet!

We are fortunate, indeed, to have access to wonderful produce and seafood. Our immediate area is mostly planted in winter wheat, feed corn, tomatoes, and soybeans. Nearby we have (when it dries out) wonderful asparagus, the sweetest corn and strawberries ever, and lots of wonderful goodies.

Thank you for the warm welcome.

4. chowderhead

chowderhead

Always great to see other fishermen join the ranks, doing the 3C's (Catch, Clean, and Cook) is one of the great joys in life. Do you have a favorite catch and recipe you'd like to share? :lips:

5. harborwitch

harborwitch

Exp:
    At home cook
    :lol: I may catch and cook -- but hubby does the cleaning. Years ago I used to be able to fillet a fish without gutting first -- haven't tried that in years and years!

I'll dredge up one of my fav recipes for my fav fish when I've got more time, right now I'm on lunch and in a rush!