Green chile sauce recipe

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by slipknotic82, Dec 22, 2011.

1. dledeborah

dledeborah

Exp:
    At home cook
    Could you send me the Chubbys green chili sauce recipe too  ?   FL doesn't know what green chili is..  and that is the best place ever , along with Tamale kitchen,  they are very very alike.. 

2. cheflayne

cheflayne

Exp:
    Professional Chef

Sfsavant made one post, 19 weeks ago, so don't be too disappointed if you don't get a reply.

3. jibarito

jibarito

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    That looks like salsa al morcajete. Roast the chiles and green tomatoes on either a pan or over open flame then use a stone mortar and pestle (morcajete) to grind garlic salt the chiles and tomatoes. You can find various recipes on youtube if you search for salsa al morcajete.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

4. jibarito

jibarito

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

5. mojimen

mojimen

Exp:
    At home cook
    Sfsvant...not sure if you are still offering this chubby's recipe intent.  I worked there 22 years ago, prep line for a few months as my first job, not kitchen and have recently become interested into looking to nail down this recipe as I no longer live in Colorado, have kids and would love for them to taste a mild version of a green chile sauce that I absolutely love. 

Tempted to call Norman Campbell, owner of the Aurora, CO location where I worked to ask him but I doubt he remembers me and would offer the secret recipe.  Thanks in advance.   [email protected]    Thank you!!

6. mspice

mspice

Exp:
    At home cook
    Can I have the recipe please.

7. bearbear06

bearbear06

Exp:
    At home cook
    I know your post is older but please help me get Chubby's recipe or at least close to it. I would appreciate it!

8. IbMoms

IbMoms

Exp:
    Gourmet Chef

9. IbMoms

IbMoms

Exp:
    Gourmet Chef
    Hi, I am also a Chubby s addict. I lived 2 blks from them for 16 years. So please bring it on.

10. IbMoms

IbMoms

Exp:
    Gourmet Chef
    Did you ever get that recipe?

11. Rudy59

Rudy59

Exp:
    Returning to commercial cooking after years
    Denver greens, of which Chubby’s is a mediocre example, share a number of characteristics. (Note that Chubby’s refers to at least two distinct operations owing to a family feud years ago. The original is on W. 38th.http://www.westword.com/news/smothered-the-saga-of-the-chubbys-empire-5096433) Hot Hatch chiles. Roux thickened. Very often orange from tomatoes. Seldom tomatillos. Almost always includes pork.

12. seabeecook

seabeecook

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    @sfsavant has not been active on the board since October 28, 2013. So, please do not expect any recipes from him/her. There are any number of chili verde recipes on the web. I prepare mine with tomatillos, poblano and jalapeno chilies, onion, garlic, cilantro and spices (cumin, coriander, salt and pepper). I may add Worcestershire sauce and dried arbol chilies and thin it with stock (chicken, pork or vegetable). At my summer camp, we save the renderings from roasting pork butt and use it for dishes like this. (Rendered fat from pork butt is great for biscuits and gravy!)