Great credit card processor for trailers

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by johnsilver, Aug 24, 2011.

1. johnsilver

johnsilver

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Hi i own a food trailer in austin and i have a suggestion to give you guys who work in the same business..i started using SalesVu, a free app i downloaded from www.salesvu.com, after that they sent me the cards reader to plug in my iphone so i started to charge to my clients with my cell..We work 3 people in the trailer and all of us have an iphone with the app and all the transactions info is gathered in the same device, that way we know how much we sell per day, what we sold and who..it collects for you automatically all of the data. Did you try it? or something similar? how do you process credit cards? 

2. foodnfoto

foodnfoto

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    We use the Square app on our Iphones and it works great. No problems except for having to re-sign in at inconvenient times.

BTW what is the transaction fee for the SalesVue?

Square is a straight 2.75%.

3. foodpump

foodpump

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    Sounds like spam to me.

Don't see why a cash register can't work in a trailer , as it can generate any kind of report AND give actual cash reciepts to customers

4. johnsilver

johnsilver

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    The fee is %2.7, final

For us is more convenient than a cash register just because a trailer (at least ours) is small and we don't want to waste place when an iphone is so handy and much smaller, and with this app we can keep track of the transactions organized by employee, time frame, product..

5. petemccracken

petemccracken

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Um, you don't accept cash?

6. thetincook

thetincook

Exp:
    Line Cook
    Shoebox? Besides, harder to skim with a cash register.

I might be getting a free card swiper that hooks up to your web enabled cell phone. I don't have a data plan though...

7. chefbuba

chefbuba

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    I started using Square about a month ago, great app, and the price is right. I would not want to use a cell phone to track every transaction.

I just looked at their website...$9.95 mo per phone, first reader is free, $99 each additional, amex is a higher rate......I'll stick with Square, their readers are free, I asked for two extra, had them in 3-4 days.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  8. foodnfoto

foodnfoto

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    Hi Bubba

We had the same experience with Square. Signed up, reader and app free, extra readers free (show up in 2 days), deposits go in the bank daily, straight .0275/transaction fee-that's it.

Easy peasy-what's not to love.

We sell at several different farmers markets on any given market day and have readers at each booth and our customers really appreciate it.

9. panini

panini

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    straight .0275 transaction final. This is the only cost involved?

They deposit everyday. everycard. no batching. How do you reconcile?

What is the discount fee?

I'm not understanding?

bank fee?

10. chefbuba

chefbuba

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Square

2.75% flat fee for swiped cards, keyed in cards are 3.5% +.15 per transaction.

No monthly fee, no bank fee.

There are pages with daily running totals, deposits, you can also download to excel.

Only downside is you can't print a receipt, only text or email, I have only had 2-3 people want a receipt.

•  
    PrevNext
    August  2011
    SuMoTuWeThFrSa

PrevNext
    August  2011
    SuMoTuWeThFrSa

•  

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  11. foodnfoto

foodnfoto

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    With Square, you can go to your account and see every transaction for the day, then download to you excel files.

In the shop, we ring the sale on a register and hit "charge" then swipe the card through Square.

At the farmers' markets, just run the sale through the other reader.