Great Chocolate Fix!!!!

Joined Feb 11, 2002
Just tried a great cookie recipe...thought I would share.......They are not to sweet but extremely chocolatey.... :lips:

Molten Chocolate Cookies

2 cups quality semisweet chocolate chips
3 tbsp butter or margarine

Melt choclate and butter in top of double boiler over low heat, stirring until smooth but thick. Remove from heat; allow to cool.

2 large eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla

In large mixer bowl beat eggs, sugar, salt, and vanilla on high speed about 2-3 minutes until pale yellow and slightly thickened. Mix in chocolate on low speed. Scrape bowl.

1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder

Add flour and baking powder on low speed just until incorporated, stopping to scrape bowl once. Cover dough with plastic wrap and chill for at least 15 minutes.

Preheat oven to 375.

Scoop 8 - 2 inch mounds onto parchment lined cookie sheet with two inches between each cookie. Bake one sheet at a time for at least 12 minutes or until crusty on the outside and soft in the center. Cool on sheet 3 - 5 minutes. Best when served warm.

~~Tamara~~

Joined Apr 19, 2001
Great recipe, tamara, I have one similar that's called a 'chocolate truffle cookie'.

However, that's much too complicated for a chocolate fix - for a chocolate fix, you just go into the cupboard and break out the best bitter or semisweet you have, knock off a chunk, and chew!

On the other hand, I have been known to get up in the middle of the night (during a certain time of the month), and bake a batch of brownies to satisfy that chocolate craving!;)

Top Bottom