Granola

Joined Dec 18, 2003
I am looking for a good, crunchy granola recipe. Preferably, one where the oats clump together, like in commercial products.

Joined May 26, 2001
Do you want other stuff in the granola? I used to make a version from a recipe in the NY Times (I think it was) that included raisins, nuts, honey, oil, and some other ingredients as well. It definitely clumped, big-time. If that sounds good to you, I'll dig it out and pm it (probably still covered by copyright).

Joined Jan 26, 2004
Try this one from epicurious. I just made it and it is totally crunchy and the oats are in clumps. You can add anything you want to it.

Let me know what you think.

Laura:chef:

Joined Dec 18, 2003
Thanks for the link!
It's in the oven right now. It tastes pretty good hot, but I'll tell you how it is when it cools down.

Joined Jun 16, 2007
My first attempt came out really good: old-fashioned oatmeal, malt, butter, honey, almonds, pecans, cinnamon, and some cardamom and saffron. I roughly followed a recipe, with the last 2 ingredients my addition. I learned about the combination of nuts, sugar, butter and saffron from an Iranian friend a long time ago, and it goes really nicely here, too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom