grand opening dreams!

Joined Apr 19, 2001
Update on my waiting,,,,,,,we're going in for orientation in two weeks, and the restaurant should be opening the first of March.

The other night, I woke up drenched in sweat from my 'opening day' nightmare!!! I was in the kitchen, first day, and found that the owners/manager hadn't ordered any of the equipment we needed - not the big items, but smaller stuff, whisks, peelers, etc. In my dream, I was improvising all day - and of course we were slammed! Then, I opened the freezer, and about a ton of loose frozen french fries spilled out all over the place, almost covering my 4 ' 11" self!!! that's when I woke up!

Cheeeech! Think I ought to do my own mental rundown of kitchen 'gadgets' before we actually open?

:eek:

pete

Staff member
Joined Oct 7, 2001
LOL!!!! I can relate to work related dreams (nightmares) as I have them way too often!! With opening just a month away I am sure the stress and anticipation is starting to build. As for inventory of small wares, if I were you, I would be spending a few hours a day at the restaurant right now to make sure things go smooth, and that you have everything you need for opening. It sucks, when you walk in to a new place and don't have the things you need to get prep done for opening night because the owners didn't know better.

Joined Jul 31, 2000
Oh marmalady, You poor thing!

You are not alone with these kitchen nightmares. as you know there are so many details to consider when opening and running a kitchen. I can't tell you how many times i woke up out of a dead sleep wondering if I ordered this or that. It can be quite horrowing. If you looked in my bottom desk draw at work you would be amazed at how many peelers,church keys,whips,corkscrews,melon ballers,2-3-4-6 once ladles, tongs ETC you would find. Believe me you are not alone :)
cc

Joined Jul 24, 2001
Maybe another post on the history of chile like the one that made Athenaeus who continues the research on spices,happy, will help you chill out

:D :D :D

Top Bottom