Graeter's Ice Cream

Discussion in 'The Late Night Cafe (off-topic)' started by kuan, Apr 7, 2011.

1. kuan

kuan Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Man I think I've died and gone to heaven.  Just got a gift of six pints of Graeter's ice cream from Cincinatti.  The Raspberry Choc. Chip is the absolute best in the world!

Check out Graeters.com

2. jellly

jellly

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    They just started selling Graeters in Las Vegas a few weeks ago.  Funny, that is the same flavor I bought and it was fabulous!  I especially loved that the chocolate bits weren't waxy the way so many in ice cream are.

kuan likes this.
  3. mlowe

mlowe

Exp:
    Other
    Hi Kuan - If you're in Minnesota, Graeter's just started selling at Lunds/Byerly's stores, Kowalski's markets, and Festival Foods!  Keep an eye out for Graeter's in the ice cream section!

4. adarlingshot

adarlingshot

Exp:
    Home Chef
    sounds yummy! We never get any good stuff!  Next time I am in Vegas I will ck it out!

5. kuan

kuan Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    Retired Chef

Oh you're kidding!  I'm totally gonna go check it out!  Thanks!

6. jellly

jellly

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    Have you had Ciao Bella Gelato?  They sell that here, too.  The texture is amazing and they have some really fun flavors  - I just finished the Key Lime Pie, I loved the combo of sour, slightly sweet and creamy.

My only disappointment?  They have a cookbook, but it is totally misleading.  If you look on the ingredient list of the gelato they sell, they don't use eggs, but the cookbook is just your typical anglaise base.  Anything for a buck....

7. leeniek

leeniek

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    That looks amazing!!  And sadly...not available in Canada... oh well... I will have to try some on my next visit to the  US.