gotta love it

Discussion in 'Restaurant Reviews' started by soussweets, Jul 28, 2003.

1. soussweets

soussweets

I'll tell you what,baton rouge isn't exactly the most hoppin town,, but it's just under an hour to new orleans. i just had dinner at mothers(quite famous hole in the wall po boy shop) then spent a while in pat o's sippin long islands and chillin on the patio. sunday is my favorite day in the french quarter musicians,sidewalk artists, gypsies and the usual crowd of sillly tourists wearing mardi gras beads in july. im curious if anyone visits down here and where you like to go (resaurants,bars,hotels)

2. shroomgirl

shroomgirl

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    Tons of threads on New Orleans... my fav is mother's too....The ferdi is wonderous. I usually show up at 6am to get the ham bones and scraps to take home for red beans. thhat is a little known cool thing in NO. Bayonas always if only for lunch. Ugelischs for just great stuff. then whereever John Besh is at the momoent....he is incredible....think he is still at August. Of course I always check out Crescent City Farmer's Market on Sat. morning. Richard McCarthy does great shtuff with that place.Barq and Mufelatta always great to lunch on while watching boats go down the Mississippi. I used to go to Marquessa pastries in the quarter right off the square. There was a memorable chocolate parline tartie thingy that was great!
    Hmmm.....Camilla Grill, I don't know what is happening at Indigo but it was opening last time I was down there and the chef seemed savey...Peristyle is on my short list of gotta go toI still love the coffee, got a fresh shipment a couple of weeks ago...
    Always hit a grocery for Martin's andouille and the seafood place on Williams blvd...for seafood on my way out of town. the pastry shop off Williams under the bridge is incredible or was, run by Vietnamese family it had some really cool cakes, and tiny mice and other critter petitfours.
    That's what I do when I'm in the city....used to stay at the Frenchmen ...relatively inexspensive, and umpteen years ago at a B&B that Pretty Baby was filmed at....then when married we stayed at a great place in the quarter, started with an S and was down by Bayona....Sona???I also like the hotel across from My memory is fading as am I, been a long day. Catching up from 4 days of being out of town.

3. soussweets

soussweets

sounds like shroom spends more time in new orleans than i do:cool: most of my time in neworleans is spent in the late evening and dawning sun. bit you seem to have the towns foodies spots sewn up. i am also a big fan of martins andoullie, fantastic stuff. we have alot of meat packers arround here but none of them really stack up like martins. a good friend of mine is in the process of retaining a job at emeril's ,, so hopefully i will have a good excuse to run down there one of these weekends and try it out. im definitely not emerils best fan,,, but i would love to see how his establishment can stack up to the "candy coated" image he has so thickly spread on the food network toast. just like we spoke about in the formum concerning the new tv show the restaurant,,, i am curious if emeril and his staff can still roll like they did before they had contracts with allclad and henkels.