Good online source for Haitian recipes

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by headless chicken, Jan 16, 2010.

1. headless chicken

headless chicken

Exp:
    Line Cook
    I'm sure pretty much all of us know about the 7.0 magnitude earthquake that has killed thousands and left just as many homeless in desperate need of all essentials of survival.

I wanna put forward a proposal at work to put introduce Haitian dishes for our Caribbean specialty day. I've found a few recipes but I don't know how legit some of these recipes are, I don't really want to get these items wrong. Now problem is, this may or may not come to light as the local union of college professors voted in favor of a strike mandate and the could walk off the job in 2 weeks. Our Caribbean day special is 2 weeks into Feb but I just found an all-day airsoft game in the works to raise funds for relief efforts in Haiti. I've responded stating that date/time and venue pending, I could donate my services if our Caribbean day falls through.

Anyone's help is much appreciated.

2. petalsandcoco

petalsandcoco

Exp:
    Private Chef
    I found a site that has alot of the dishes which are made there. I think what you are trying to do is Great.
    http://www.islandflave.com/recipes/65-haitian-recipes

I have eaten many Haitian dishes and they are wonderful cooks. Many of them work in the Bahamas where I had the privilege over the years of sharing and learning.
    What has happened is a nightmare.
    If you get stuck for ideas, PM me and I will send you more info.