Good News from Oak Park IL!!!

nicko

Founder of Cheftalk.com
Staff member
Joined Oct 5, 2001
Two weeks ago our church had a special offering for the Brooklyn Tabernacle, which will be distributed to the victims of the World Trade Center, and Pentagon attacks. Yesterday they announced that we raised over $13,000.

After our pastor spoke about John 15:13 which says "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."
He spoke specifically about Todd Beamer who was one of the men who tried to stop the terrorists on flight 93. Todd had attended Wheaton College, which is a local college. It was a moving sermon, which brought tears to my eyes and how it is one thing to say you believe in something (I am speaking of believing in Christ specifically) and another thing to actually follow through with what you say you believe when the time comes to do so. In the sermon our pastor said that Todd's wife (Lisa Beamer) in and interview talked about his character and how when the time comes and a person acts rightly in a situation regardless of the results, that is true character.

I found this very moving and inspiring so I thought I would share it with my friends. Have a great week.

[ September 24, 2001: Message edited by: Nicko ]

Joined Aug 14, 2000
Very cool about the fund raising Nicko! Though no amount of money will bring back those who perished, we should all do our part, however small(I'm not referring to Nicko), to pick up those left behind.

Joined Jul 24, 2001
Thank you so much for this story, especially because we know that money cannot bring back those that passed away.

nicko

Founder of Cheftalk.com
Staff member
Joined Oct 5, 2001
I agree with you on that one Kyle, every little bit helps from blood donations, to food being cooked, but nothing will ever bring back those we lost.

Peace...

Joined Oct 5, 2001
Good work Nicko!

I did not know that you live near Oak Park! That was the birth place of the "original" Papa!

:)

Top Bottom