Go Ahead, I Dare You!

Joined Jan 4, 2011
WOW. I knew that was out-there when you see how much butter is in the pan. I will be trying that tomorrow. I've got to watch the vid maybe 9 more times though. LOL @ Me.

Joined Feb 8, 2009
WOW. I knew that was out-there when you see how much butter is in the pan. I will be trying that tomorrow. I've got to watch the vid maybe 9 more times though. LOL @ Me.

Make sure you plate the omelet the same way. Then take a picture of the omelet stuck on the refrigerator. There's another video on what he puts on the omelet after he splits it open. If this doesn't work go out a get an Italian beef sandwich.

phatch

Staff member
Joined Mar 29, 2002
That's an awful lot of flame for cooking an omelet it seems.

kuan

Staff member
Joined Jun 11, 2001
Make sure you plate the omelet the same way. Then take a picture of the omelet stuck on the refrigerator. There's another video on what he puts on the omelet after he splits it open. If this doesn't work go out a get an Italian beef sandwich.

Or if you have a good dog garbage can.

Joined Jun 23, 2015
This is the same method my CIA book used except they used a fork not chop sticks. This chef is very good. I get on a kick and practice everyk now and then and have scrambled eggs about half the time.

kuan

Staff member
Joined Jun 11, 2001
Very fine but are you all watching it until the end?

Joined Jan 4, 2011
OK ... The first 4 or 5 (or 9) that I did got kinda messed up. They were eaten still ... because the people I was cooking for are not critics. I've got NO idea how many eggs the guy was using, but I did have success with 1 or 2. Forget that "flip" with any more. Out of some 40-odd people I fed this morning, very few would take their eggs less than well-done. I use wooden utensils. Today I tried the chop-sticks. WOW. That works cool.

Joined Mar 21, 2008
My cats would be eating omelet off the floor!

Under done for me, I hate runny egg white...

Joined Jan 4, 2011
I've never seen "runny white" in an omelet. Omelets are like a sorta big scrambled-egg slab.

Joined Apr 3, 2008
Very cool, japanese technique always wows me!

That's an awful lot of flame for cooking an omelet it seems.

I know you're supposed to use low heat to cook egg gently but I've never had success with that. I prefer high heat. I just work fast.

Joined Dec 1, 2015
Except for the removal from the pan, not too different from classic French technique. Definitely omelette "baveuse". :)

Top Bottom