Glazing technique?

Joined Apr 9, 2016
Hello, i came along this insta video    and was wondering what type of glazing this is? can u plase help me

Joined Jun 27, 2012
Welcome to Chef Talk @Aleevy.

Pretty pastry.

Looks like a thick caramel or maple icing/glaze.

Since it was ID'd in the accompanying thread as a coffee éclair it could be either one.

Couple of ways to get it thick but I would use a cooked sugar base as the ones with tons of powdered sugar are just way too sweet and may overpower the pastry cream.

mimi

Joined Oct 11, 2014
I have just one question.......what do YOU mean what type of glazing is this?? Your title says "Professional Pastry Chef" so how is it that you do NOT know what it is? Please, if you are not a professional pastry chef do not use that moniker.......major pet peeve. 

To answer your question though, it is a simple glaze and it looks like because it has the opaque colour to it they used milk instead of water for it. The thread says that it is a coffee eclair so the main flavour used would have been powdered coffee or brewed coffee mixed with the milk. 

Joined Nov 2, 2015
I have just one question.......what do YOU mean what type of glazing is this?? Your title says "Professional Pastry Chef" so how is it that you do NOT know what it is? Please, if you are not a professional pastry chef do not use that moniker.......major pet peeve.

Manor pet peeve or not.. Learn how to reply to people. I find it a major pet peeve when individuals like yourself attack people just based on a simple question they've asked. Who are you to question wether they are professional or not.. They might have expertise in different areas and want to explore others.. So seriously learn how to reply and be helpful instead of being so raw. You can't help someone and shoot them down in the same message..
Rant over.

Joined Apr 25, 2017
Based on it's appearance and behavior, I would guess that it is a fondant based icing.

Joined May 4, 2005
My coffee eclairs are glazed with just milk chocolate with a tiny percentage of butter. They aren’t that shiny though. Powdered sugar would be to sweet in my opinion.

Joined Oct 10, 2005
Illl second fatccok, sure looks like fondant. We would just mix a little Nescafé in with some simple syrup, and thin down the fondant with that while it was warming up. Either dip the eclair, or drip it on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom