glad to finally meet everyone

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by hautesaute, May 31, 2012.

1. hautesaute

hautesaute

Exp:
    Line Cook
    what's up my friends? just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. my name is sean and im 27. been cooking professionally on the line for almost 10 years. i was looking for a place to listen to, and share, thoughts on this crazy, addictive, frustrating, and rewarding career we all seem to be psychotic enough to commit to. most of my friends have no idea what my job involves and i have trouble conveying the absolute insanity of a busy service to them, but i know you all will have plenty of advice and experience and I'm looking forward to hearing from everyone!

"vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit and an affront to everything i stand for; the pure enjoyment of food." 
    -Anthony Bourdain

2. ishbel

ishbel

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Hello, Sean and welcome to Cheftalk.

Our membership is wide - both in terms of geography and culinary expertise - from those just learning to boil water through to masterchefs, and all levels in between.  I fall into the 'very enthusiastic amateur' group!

Feel free to join in on any thread you find interesting or start your own in the relevant forum.  There are also three Professionals-only fora which you may find of assistance in order to 'vent', for instance!  The wikis, blogs, articles, reviews and photgraphs are all well worth spending time to view.

Hope to see you around the boards.

3. chefedb

chefedb

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    As far as Tony Bourdain  The guy has been through the gamit and knows the business , but  his attitude of 

''My way is the only way ''' is wrong.

4. nicko

nicko Founder of Cheftalk.com Staff Member

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Welcome, glad to have you.

5. petalsandcoco

petalsandcoco

Exp:
    Private Chef
    Hello there, look forward to seeing you around the site.

Petals.

6. mkevenson

mkevenson

Exp:
    At home cook
    Welcome Sean, hope you have time to contribute to these discussions. What part of the world do you inhabit? I am in Central Calif near the coast.

Mark

7. hautesaute

hautesaute

Exp:
    Line Cook
    hey mark. im in central ohio at the moment. central cali eh? must see some nice product out there, being so close to the source.