Gift Question

Joined Apr 2, 2017
This might be an odd question, and I hope this is the proper forum for it - new user here. Our son is graduating from a local culinary school, and we are searching for a graduation present. We thought about a three piece Japanese knife set, but after reading some of the threads in this forum I am concerned that knives might be a decision best left to the chef what with all the different characteristics, feels, etc. So, is a knife set an appropriate gift for an aspiring chef, and if not, what else would be? Thanks.

Joined Oct 9, 2008
Get a gift certificate from Korin. The graduate gets to pick a knife (or knives), choose exactly what's desired, and have it delivered all ready to go.

Joined Apr 2, 2017
This might be an odd question, and I hope this is the proper forum for it - new user here. Our son is graduating from a local culinary school, and we are searching for a graduation present. We thought about a three piece Japanese knife set, but after reading some of the threads in this forum I am concerned that knives might be a decision best left to the chef what with all the different characteristics, feels, etc. So, is a knife set an appropriate gift for an aspiring chef, and if not, what else would be? Thanks.

Joined Nov 15, 2012
Bargain is relative here, I'm with Chris on this one, Japanese Knife Imports could also make a gift card arrangement.  

Chef Lucci, I don't think you are allowed to make sales offers on this forum.

Top Bottom