Well, my wife's dad brought back so called King Cobra peppers for us from Thailand, I later ID'd those as the Ghost chili peppers or -Bhut Jolokia at least they looked identical, and we managed to grow some out at the house this summer. I brought one to work for the chef who wanted some of the seeds for his personal use at some point down the road. I have to say these are the hottest pepper I have ever encountered simply smelling one burned my nose. I had no way to know what pandemonium it would cause. I put on some gloves and cut one in half on the cutting block to scrape out the seeds for the chef. Mission accomplished, I put the rest of the pepper into a quart cup and labeled the lid "DO NOT TOUCH" super hot pepper and drew an appropriate bio hazard sign on the label as well. I had to go to the front for a few minutes and make the mistake of leaving the "crime scene". My assistant grabbed the knife I used and wiped it off so she could put some butter on her toast, I came back to find her with a bright red face and practically crying because of the heat, this is after wiping the blade with a soapy towel and drying it. Kyle the am cook was cutting fruit on the board I had used and did not believe me when I told him to toss the few apples he had cut, he did not clean it beforehand which is a no no anyway, he popped 3 slices of apple into his mouth to see hot hot it could be---it was hot, very hot, in fact so hot he was running around in circles looking for a glass of milk with tears in his eyes, his face looked like a beet. Manuel the second cook came by to see what was going on and he did not believe a pepper could be so hot, he is a super macho Mexican guy who prides himself on eating the spiciest of foods, he took half of the pepper that was in the cup and popped it into his mouth, this is while I am trying to put the fire out on the last cook. Immediately he is crying and screaming, his face is streaming tears and his nose is running something awful. He was practically sweating blood and had to sit in the freezer with some milk and rice to cool down. The dishwasher mike wanted to try the pepper too so he took a small sliver and tasted it, apparently some people cannot learn from others mistakes and he immediately went into fits of pain, he took the cup the pepper was in and filled it with milk then chugged it down-very spicy milk it was, and I bet it was all the spicier coming back up, by this time I was back into damage control, the chef is laughing his head off and I have 4 very overheated kitchen staff looking like they had 3rd degree sunburn. All in all it was a successful day, chef asked I not bring the peppers within a mile of the kitchen again, I don't think I will.