genetic engineered foods

Joined Jul 18, 2001
Hi, I just picked up on an amazing fact that about 60% of the food we eat is genetically engineered. For instance, they put a halibut gene that keeps it from freezing into a strawberry to give it the same effect. And this is just one of many that affect our daily lives. What really gets me mad is that there are no government regulations that make these companies inform us of this contamination. I like to see good quality products at the grocery store and my restaurant but at what price?

Joined Oct 5, 2001
Dear Mesquite:

How about this one?

Rat genes are introduced to lettuce to keep it fress for longer periods of time!

:rolleyes:

Joined Jul 31, 2000
mesquite,

We all share you frustration.

Check out the Nutricion forum and click on "g,a,f" by Jenedechef. Some good feedback.
cc

Joined Oct 5, 2001
Dear Iza:

It is true. It was in an article published last week in the biggest German newspaper.

isa

Joined Apr 4, 2000
What about vegan? How will they feel about having rats in their salad? This news makes me very sad.

Joined Aug 11, 2000
OUtright GROSSSSSSSS. I've been lobbying for labeling, think there needs to be an incredible backlash to the chemists that think we don't care. Vote for people that respond.

Top Bottom