Generic Soligen knives?

Joined Aug 8, 2016
I do know Solingen is a German city and knives from there can carry them name (officially), almost always with a brand of an individual knife maker.

I cam across a chef's knife today in a thrift shop that interesting just has Solingen and a logo in large letters, and says Solingen Germany High Carbon Stainless in smaller size fonts.  Looks like a Zwilling Henckels knife.

Is it a fake (with no brand so as not to infringe on any individual copyright rather than the collective's)?  Only cost me $0.25 or $0.50 so no biggy.

Other knife I did find was a heavy Nass (not Solingen) bread knife which is very thick at the top so almost like a thin wedge for the same price..

Joined May 4, 2017
Does it have a blocky style German bolster?, say  what happened to your "whats in your knife drawer at home?" thread I commented but it looks stagnate now...

Joined Aug 8, 2016
The home knife drawer wasn't my thread.

At any rate, here are the photos (sorry but the photos won't rotate properly).  The knife does resemble a Zwilling J.A. Henckels 4 star knife, even how the metal is brushed.

Below is the Nass breadknife which is about 3 mm thick (and not tapere except at the cutting edge), thickest of any knife I own.  The fork is a Victorinox one.  I couldn't find the matching knife. 

Top Bottom