Garden Tour food ideas

Joined Feb 12, 2010
Next month, our local Hospice is having their annual Spring Garden Tour.  I'm offering to finish up the tour by opening my garden to our church members.  I want to serve simple refreshments on the patio and let people mingle around the garden, drink lemonade, talk about plants and flowers and enjoy a few simple dishes.

So far, I've thought of a fruit topiary.  I made one last year using grapes, cantaloupe and strawberries.  I also thought of (a variation from another recipe) taking a lemon, cutting the bottom so it will sit flat on a tray, hollowing out the middle and filling with sherbet then topping it off with a mint sprig.  My only problem is that I need to make everything the night before as the garden tour begins immediately after church, so I won't have much time to put everything together.  And I don't know how lemons would do if they're sitting in the fridge all hollowed out and waiting to be filled with sherbet.(?)

Any ideas???

Joined Aug 25, 2009
DDillon,

Hi there,

I never had a problem getting my lemons ready a day ahead in the fridge (covered)  
Another idea would be to keep the tops of your lemons and once the lemons are filled a little higher than the lemon,  place the tops back on....

Just a thought.

Joined Feb 26, 2007
What's in season at the moment, and what do you have ready to harvest in your church garden at the moment?  Including flowers - e.g. roses, lavender, nastursiums etc.  or grape leaves...... what do you have available there?

Top Bottom